Today’s recipe is the delicacy of one of my most popular slow cooker recipes
SLOW COOKER QUESO CHICKEN TACOS
This delicious and super casual dinner makes Taco Night even more delicious, making it the ultimate chicken taco! Queso Chicken Taco only takes a few ingredients and a few minutes to get full of flavor and takes a bit of effort and effort. Use the chicken to make tacos, burritos, scrubs, and bowls. It’s perfect for crowd feeding, rallies and race day.
This recipe is borrowed slightly from the popular slow-cooked chicken taco. Adding green chilies and queso can spice things up and it’s a nice change.
What do you need ?
Skinless and boneless chicken breast, taco seasoning, chicken stock, rutile, green peppers, quizo, chili taco and your favorite taco toppings.
** If the food supply is limited due to home preparation, you can omit the green pepper and chicken soup, it is still delicious. If you don’t have Rotel, you can replace it with salsa sauce. This recipe is easy to adapt.
How do I do it ?
Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place the chicken in a layer and sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly on top. In a medium bowl, add rutile, green pepper and chicken stock, mix well and pour over the chicken. Cook over high heat for 4 to 6 hours (adjust the cooking time to the speed of the cookware – for some cookware, chicken can be cooked on high for 3-4 hours). When ready, strain the remaining liquid a little (I used a scoop), then use two forks to cut the chicken. Finally, place the kisso on top and stir gently with the chicken to coat the chicken evenly. Simmer for 20 minutes or until really hot. Serve with your favorite topping and enjoy!
Get ready for the tacos …
Chicken tacos rotate regularly in my house, and when I ate their tacos last week, my family really loved them. They came back again, emptied the stove and ran out of food. An empty pot is always a good sign of a successful recipe!Print
- taco shells, hard or soft
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 10 ounce can of Rotel with lime juice and cilantro (you can use Original Rotel too, or use homemade Rotel – Tomatoes and Green Chilies)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- favorite toppings – lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese, onions, jalapenos, sour cream, guacamole, fresh lime, cilantro, hot sauce, queso
- 4 ounce can mild diced green chiles
- 1 packet (1 ounce) of your favorite taco seasoning or use homemade
- 3/4 cup salsa con queso – use your favorite brand or use homemade
If the food supply is limited due to home preparation, you can omit the green pepper and chicken soup, it is still delicious. If you don’t have Rotel, you can replace it with salsa sauce. This recipe is easy to adapt.
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the chicken on one layer, then sprinkle the chicken with the taco seasoning evenly. In a medium bowl, add rotel, green pepper and chicken stock, mix well. Pour the chicken evenly.
- Cook on low for *6 to 8 hours, or on high for *4 to 6 hours. The cooking time may vary depending on your slow cooker, please adjust accordingly.
- When ready, drain excess liquids leaving just a smidgen behind (I use a soup ladle), then shred chicken using two forks. Last, spoon queso on top and gently mix with chicken, coating chicken evenly. Cover and cook on low for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with tortillas (hard or soft shell) and your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!
Adjust cooking time according to how fast or slow your cooker cooks – for some slow cookers, cooking on high, chicken may be ready in 3-4 hours
Keywords: slow cooker queso chicken tacos