- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic, (approximately 3–4 cloves)
- 4 oz cream cheese, (softened to room temp and cubed)
- 12 oz jar of roasted red peppers (in water), (drained and rinsed)
- 12 oz rigatoni pasta, (or pasta of choice)
- 1 cup half-and-half, (or sub with milk of choice or heavy cream)
- 3 shallots, (thinly sliced (or 1/2 medium yellow onion))
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- fresh or dried basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, cook pasta according to the instructions on the package (each pasta varies). Drain well and return to pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. One melted, add the sliced shallots and cook until translucent; 2-3 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in half-and-half and stir to loosen any onions or garlic. Add the parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Stir frequently for 2-3 minutes, or until cream cheese has melted. Add the roasted red peppers to warm.
- Safely pour the sauce into a food processor (or safe dish to use an immersion blender) or blender and puree until creamy. Taste test sauce and season with salt and pepper, if desired and to taste. Pour the sauce over the pasta and gently toss to coat.
- Serve garnished with fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 627kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 1529mg
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 74g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 20g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
Keywords: roasted red pepper rigatoni