This Roasted Red Pepper Rigatoni is an easy-to-make, flavorful pasta dish that is going to knock your socks off! Made with a handful of components and comes collectively in beneath 20 minutes. Creamy, savory-sweet red bell pepper sauce garnished with basil and parmesan cheese.
Light, at the healthful aspect of factors, and the precise consolation dish to get you thru these never-ending cool months. Sure to be a repeat in your table tonight!
ROASTED RED PEPPER RIGATONI
Yummy! That is all I actually have to mention about this dish. This recipe comes collectively, from begin to finish, in 20-25 minutes. It’s brief and easy, making it the satisfactory dinner option for you this night. Trust me, you are going to need to make this.
I can be announcing this due to the fact I am a whole carb-ivore, but I cannot think of anything better on a week night time (or week day if I’m absolutely sincere) than a fantastic easy pasta dish. And yes, you examine that efficaciously. I said CARB-ivore. Rather than a carnivore (that consumes meat), I do not forget myself a CARB (carbohydrates: pasta, breads, and many others)-ivore. I suppose lots of you can admit which you are to a few degree. No disgrace right here, so don’t fear about your very own. If you deliver me some shape of carbs — we are instantly friends!
Carbs virtually make me happy. Easy recipes during these busy vacation months? Even better! Especially whilst the dish is made with minimum components and carried out so effortlessly. You can serve this as is, or with brought protein for a whole meal.Print
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic, (approximately 3–4 cloves)
- 4 oz cream cheese, (softened to room temp and cubed)
- 12 oz jar of roasted red peppers (in water), (drained and rinsed)
- 12 oz rigatoni pasta, (or pasta of choice)
- 1 cup half-and-half, (or sub with milk of choice or heavy cream)
- 3 shallots, (thinly sliced (or 1/2 medium yellow onion))
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- fresh or dried basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, cook pasta according to the instructions on the package (each pasta varies). Drain well and return to pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. One melted, add the sliced shallots and cook until translucent; 2-3 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in half-and-half and stir to loosen any onions or garlic. Add the parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Stir frequently for 2-3 minutes, or until cream cheese has melted. Add the roasted red peppers to warm.
- Safely pour the sauce into a food processor (or safe dish to use an immersion blender) or blender and puree until creamy. Taste test sauce and season with salt and pepper, if desired and to taste. Pour the sauce over the pasta and gently toss to coat.
- Serve garnished with fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 627kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 1529mg
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 74g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 20g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
Keywords: roasted red pepper rigatoni