Slow cooker teriyaki fowl is chicken breasts cooked with honey, ginger, soy sauce and garlic, then shredded and drizzled with sauce. Serve over rice for an easy but pleasing crock pot dinner!
Being capable of throw a meal into my crock pot for dinner is some thing I have usually been extraordinarily grateful for. This slow cooker teriyaki chicken is one of my go-to dinner ideas as it’s quick and the whole family loves it. Plus, since I use a slow cooker, I can easily eat dinner early.
Here’s a way to make it manifest.
Let’s start by making the basic ingredients for the teriyaki sauce. Simply whisk collectively the ingredients.
Then place the chicken breast in the slow cooker and pour over the sauce. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 4-5 hours, or until the chicken is completely removed by grating it with a fork. Get prepared, because your house goes to scent a-ma-zing.
Once the hen is cooked, remove it with a slotted spoon and shred it on a separate plate or in a bowl.
Then transfer the remaining teriyaki sauce to a small saucepan, and whisk a cornstarch slurry. Bring it to a boil and let it thicken. Then pour the sauce over the grated chicken.
Then comes the hardest part of deciding how to enjoy it!
I genuinely enjoyed my first serving on a little teriyaki hen slider. So easy!
But of course, the best way is to serve this dish with rice. Or quinoa. Or even simply on its own, with a facet of vegetables. I’m quite positive you can’t cross wrong any way you select, specifically with that heavenly home made teriyaki sauce. You’re gonna adore it!Print
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (use low-sodium if desired)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- (optional toppings: sliced scallions and toasted sesame seeds)
- Add the chicken breasts to the lowest of your slow cooker in a single layer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the garlic, onion, soy sauce, ginger, rice wine vinegar, honey, and black pepper till blended. Pour the mixture on pinnacle of the chicken breasts. Cover slow cooker, and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or till the chicken is cooked through and shreds effortlessly with a fork. Remove the chook with a slotted spoon to a separate bowl and shred it using two forks. Transfer the remaining teriyaki sauce from the slow cooker to a medium saucepan.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl, whisk together the cold water and cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved and now not lumpy. Pour the cornstarch slurry into the teriyaki sauce combination, and whisk to mix. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, and allow it boil for about 1-2 minutes or till thickened. Remove from heat, and pour the sauce on top of the shredded hen. Toss to combine.
- Top with sesame seeds and roasted chives (green onions) if desired.
- Calories: 227kcal
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 542mg
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Protein: 25g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
Keywords: Recipe for Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken - Adapted From Gimme Some Oven Blog