Easy Mini Meatloaf muffins are made with ground beef or ground turkey and topped with a delicious meatloaf sauce.
I Love Mini Meatloaf Because:
- More fun to eat!
- Easy to make ahead, store and freeze
- Faster cook time
- Individual portion sizes
Mini Meatloaf In 5 Easy Steps:
- Combine meatloaf components. In a massive mixing bowl (the use of your arms or a large spoon), combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, barbecue sauce, mustard, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and egg.
- Press into muffin tins. Divide the meat among the 12 cups in a standard muffin tin, pressing them down to fill the cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Make the sauce. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Once muffins have cooked for 15 minutes, eliminate them and blot out any grease inside the muffin cups. Spoon the sauce over them.
- Return to oven for 10-15 minutes.
Just 4 simple ingredients such as nutmeg, brown sugar, dijon & soy sauce. The meatloaf sauce in this recipe will be even more delicious & easier to make.
This recipe made with lean ground beef (140 calories) or made with ground turkey (120 calories). I often use ground turkey instead of ground beef because once I add the sauce, my own family genuinely can’t tell the distinction.
Freezing And Storing Mini Meatloaf:
- To store: place the cooked muffins in a container within the fridge for three-4 days.
- To freeze: put together the meatloaf and press it into the muffin tin. Cover the muffin tin with plastic wrap and place it within the freezer to “flash freeze.” After approximately 1 hour, remove the raw, partially frozen meatloaf muffins and place them in a freezer safe resealable bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To re-heat: remove the muffins from the freezer and place them in the muffin tin, in the refrigerator overnight. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, remove them from the oven and top them with sauce. Bake again for 10-15 minutes.
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup onion , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
- In a huge blending bowl (the use of your hands or a big spoon), combine ground red meat, breadcrumbs, onion, 1 Tbsp barbeque sauce, mustard, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and egg.
- Divide the combination a number of the 12 cups in a standard muffin tin, pressing them all the way down to fill the cup. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the intervening time, in a small bowl blend together all the substances for the sauce.
- Remove the meatloaf from oven and use a paper towel to soak up any grease on the meatloaf.
- Generously spoon sauce over each mini meat loaf. Return to oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the beef is cooked via.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and any extra sauce.
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 138kcal
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 299mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
Keywords: Mini Meatloaf