Love simple recipes on hand, shredded chicken and pasta. I don’t know you, but since I didn’t use the entire box, it always seemed to me to randomly pack a bag of remaining noodles.
This chicken tagine only requires two cups of noodles, so this is a good way to use this small amount.
I will use grilled chicken or spiced mixed chicken / the rest. You can even use some meat taco leftovers! Shredded pork or something else. As long as you use 2 cups of any selected meat.
My Tips for Making This Chicken Casserole Recipe
Replace chicken with everything you want! The rest of the minced pork or beef, and even the remaining tacos are beef.
If you don’t like black beans, use pinto beans or other favorite beans.
You can use any cheese you want. It always seems to me to put Colby Jack cheese in the fridge, so I always use this cheese in the end.
Make it hot as needed. Add some sweet peppers or hot peppers, and even some chopped jalapeno to the dish.
The best pasta is spiral noodles, such as rotini or fusilli. It has happened that there are no snail pasta left when making it, which is why you can’t see it in the picture. However, it is better to use spiral noodles. What kind is fine!
Use fresh salsa very well in this recipe. I always love to use guacamole and other things to buy the fresh salsa they have in the production area. The taste of the sauce really shines in this dish, making it a good casserole.
Casserole carnival chicken filled with pieces of chicken, soft pasta, corn and black beans, all in a tired chicken tagine. A simple way to make and use the rest of the chicken or the grill.
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked shredded/chunked chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can (15 oz) corn (drained)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Don’t forget to salt the pasta water. I use about 1 teaspoon salt.
- While pasta is cooking, combine sour cream, salsa, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain the pasta when it’s done cooking and add into the sour cream mixture. Stir to combine. Add in the corn, black beans, chicken, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir together to combine.
- Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Cover with tin foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Take the tin foil off and let cook an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions, tomato, and avocado slices if wanted.
I found it better to use some fresh salsa from the grocery production area instead of caramel salsa on the shelves. You can of course use stimulating salsa, I just think that fresh salsa tastes better, and it seems like there aren’t a lot of liquids in salsa.
- Category: Dinner, Casserole
- Cuisine: Main Course
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 356kcal
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 456mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 23g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
Keywords: fiesta chicken casserole