This Copycat version of Longhorn’s well-known Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe tastes much like the restaurant! From the soft and crunchy Parmesan Crust, to the aromatic marinade. Get ready to always make these easy recipes at home and serve this recipe with mashed potatoes.
Copycat Longhorn Chicken Marinade Ingredients
Copycat Longhorn Parmesan Crust Ingredients
You can put together this chook at the grill, however for an all-year-round version, I like to sear it. I even have strong opinions about how delicious seared chicken can be.
How to Make Perfectly Seared Chicken
- Cast iron skillets conduct heat thoroughly and are perfect to apply whilst searing meat.
- Medium-excessive warmth works properly for searing, and it’s important to apply oil with a high smoke factor which includes vegetable, canola, or peanut oil to save you the beef from burning.
- Refrain from moving the meat around as it cooks, you’ll disrupt the nice seared crust that forms.
- Butterfly the chook and/or pound it thin to create pieces of identical size. This will allow them to cook evenly and more quickly.
Baking the Chicken Breasts
If you favor to bake the chicken breasts in the oven vs. the stove top:
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Find an oven-secure dish that is just large enough to hold the chicken (this keeps it moist).
- Lightly grease the dish and add 2 Tablespoons of water to the dish along with the chicken. Bake for 15-18 mins, (15 for thinner chook, 18 for thick.)
- Ensure the internal temperature is a 165 derajat.
- Proceed with adding the Parmesan Crust, (commands in recipe card at bottom of publish.)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts, pounded to ¾ inch thick
Marinade: (Shortcut- Use Italian Salad Dressing)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Provolone cheese, chopped into bits
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, chopped into bits
- 6 Tablespoons Buttermilk Ranch salad dressing
- 5 Tablespoons melted butter
- Whisk all marinade ingredients collectively till properly-blended and uniform in consistency.
- Place the hen in a gallon freezer bag, do away with the air, and seal. Use a meat mallet to pound it to ¾ inch thick.
- Sprinkle every aspect of the chook lightly with salt and pepper if preferred.
- Place the chicken in a brand new freezer bag along with the marinade. Seal out the air and marinate in the refrigerator for not less than 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil in a solid iron skillet over medium-high warmness.
- Sear the chickenin the hot skillet on each side. Refrain from shifting the chook round as it sizzles, it’ll restrict the pleasant golden sear coloration. If the pan receives too warm, reduce the warmth to medium. Each aspect will take 3-5 mins. Once each aspect is a pleasing, golden brown and the center is cooked, set the chook apart.
- Preheat the oven to a low broil. (450 °F.)
- Combine the chopped Parmesan, Provolone, and Buttermilk Ranch dressing in a small bowl.
- Microwave for approximately 30 seconds.
- Use the again of a fork to mash and stir the cheese round till they’re approximately the consistency of lumpy mashed potatoes.
- Microwave for an extra 15 seconds. Stir, and unfold on pinnacle of the chicken.
- Bake until the cheese is hot and melted, about 3-5 mins.
- Combine the panko with the garlic powder. Stir in the melted butter and top the chicken with it.
- Bake for about 2 minutes, simply until the pinnacle of the panko starts to lightly brown. Keep a close a close eye on it to ensure it would not burn.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy!
Serve this with a facet of my smooth & creamy homemade mashed potatoes!
SHORTCUT: Italian Salad Dressing makes a super marinade for this chicken for a simpler model. (About 1 + 1/4 cup.)
Baking the Chicken Breasts (instead of searing).
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Find an oven-safe dish this is just massive sufficient to keep the chicken (this continues it moist).
- Lightly grease the dish and add 2 Tablespoons of water to the dish along with the chook. Bake for 15-18 mins, (15 for thinner chicken, 18 for thick.)
- Ensure the inner temperature is 165 degrees.
- Proceed with including the Parmesan Crust, (commands above.)
- Calories: 557kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 1043mg
- Fat: 42g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Protein: 31g
- Cholesterol: 114mg
Keywords: copycat longhorn parmesan crusted chicken