Honey mustard chicken & potatoes is all made in a single pan! Succulent chook thighs oven baked in the quality honey mustard sauce makes an easy dinner.
- 8 ounces (250 g) green beans halved (OPTIONAL)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4–5 chicken thighs bone in, skin on or off
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1–2 sprigs rosemary (OPTIONAL)
- 1 pound (500 g) baby red potatoes quartered
- 2 tablespoons smooth Dijon mustard
- 1–1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Generously season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat olive oil in a massive, oven-proof non stick pan (or a well-seasoned cast iron skillet) over medium-high heat. Sear chicken thighs for 3 mins every side, until the pores and skin turns into golden and crisp. Leave 2 tablespoons of chicken juices in the pan for introduced flavour, and drain any extra.
- Fry the garlic inside the same pan across the hen for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the honey, both mustards, and water to the pan, blending well, and combine everywhere in the hen.
- Add inside the potatoes; mix them thru the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, for your tastes. Allow the honey mustard sauce to simmer for two minutes, then transfer to the new oven and bake for forty-45 mins, or until the hen is completely cooked through to the bone and no linger red within the center.
- OPTIONAL: Remove from the oven after 30 minutes; add in the green beans (mixing them thru the sauce), and return to the oven to bake for a similarly 15 mins, or until the chook is absolutely cooked through and now not red within the center, and the potatoes are fork gentle.
- Serving Size: 4 People
- Calories: 530kcal
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 27g
- Cholesterol: 141mg