Honey mustard chicken & potatoes is all made in a single pan! Succulent chook thighs oven baked in the quality honey mustard sauce makes an easy dinner.
The flavour aggregate makes this Honey Mustard Chicken one of the remarkable recipes I even have on proper right here. You realize whilst you’re searching at a tray of meat (in this example, chicken), and you’ve NO concept what to make with it, however then a yearning hits you so difficult for a selected flavour which you HAVE to attempt it? Then, you keep including matters to said craving, and something without a doubt extremely good occurs.
Honey Mustard Sauce
Why do I say something notable occurs? It’s the sauce. The sauce may flavor strong before it goes into the oven, which is a good aspect. Once the chicken start to launch their natural juices while baking, that’s in which the magic begins. The honey mustard becomes salty/sweet pan juices, with a kick of garlic and an unmistakable mustard tang.
Even if you’re NOT eager on honey mustard, this one is for you.
Chicken and Potatoes
If there’s a recipe I advocate you strive, its this one. There’s virtually not anything better or easy than cooking potatoes and chicken in the one pan, saving you dishes and oven trays, with pan juices soaking into the pork and
potatoes while roasting inside the oven.
That’s the liquid gold, right there.
We add inexperienced beans in to complete the meal, but you may upload:
- Brussels spouts
Or some other vegetable you like!Print
- 3 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 4–5 chicken thighs bone in, skin on or off
- 1–1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 pound (500 g) baby red potatoes quartered
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces (250 g) green beans halved (OPTIONAL)
- 1–2 sprigs rosemary (OPTIONAL)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons smooth Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Generously season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat olive oil in a large, oven-proof non stick pan (or a well-seasoned cast iron skillet) over medium-high heat. Sear chicken thighs for 3 minutes each side, until the skin becomes golden and crisp. Leave 2 tablespoons of chicken juices in the pan for added flavour, and drain any excess.
- Fry the garlic in the same pan around the chicken for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the honey, both mustards, and water to the pan, mixing well, and combine all around the chicken.
- Add in the potatoes; mix them through the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to your tastes. Allow the honey mustard sauce to simmer for two minutes, then transfer to the hot oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through to the bone and no linger pink in the middle.
- OPTIONAL: Remove from the oven after 30 minutes; add in the green beans (mixing them through the sauce), and return to the oven to bake for a further 15 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Calories: 530kcal
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 27g
- Cholesterol: 141mg
Keywords: honey mustard chicken & potatoes (one pan)